During the evaluation process, each player will be receiving updates directly through TeamSnap. If you have not done so already, please accept the invitation from your Division Director to start receiving TeamSnap emails.
If you have not received a request from TeamSnap, and/or do not see your child in a team within the TeamSnap app, please contact your Division Director:
|U9 (2014-2017)||Tara-Lee Richardsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U11 (2012-2013)||Sultan Chowdhuryemail@example.com|
|U13 (2010-2011)||Dee Purewalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U15 (2008-2009)||Ryan Jensenemail@example.com|
|U18 (2005-2007)||Andy Neumannfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U21 (2002-2004)||Deanna Coxemail@example.com|
A reminder to please check these webpages often between now and the scheduled start dates for any updates or changes.
NEW TO HOCKEY?
If you are new to hockey this year, we recommend you review this webpage: Welcome to U6-U9 Hockey
REP EVALUATION COMMITTEES
Click the link below for information regarding the committee appointed for each Division All inquiries during the evaluation process should first be directed to your Division Director. Should you fail to receive a timely response, you may contact any member of your Rep Evaluation Committee.
Rep Evaluation Committees (coming soon)
REP TRYOUT POLICIES
Click the link below for information regarding the Rep Tryout Policies for this season, as well as general information about our rep process, and what to expect from the Rep Program.
INJURY or OTHER EXEMPTIONS
For any players needing an exemption due to Injury, Illness, or conflict with another BC Hockey member event, please click on the following Exemption form. For details on policy around conflict with other BC hockey member events, please read section 13.6 (5) of the Rep Policies
RETURN TO PLAY FROM INJURY
The Return to Play form can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. The form must be returned and approved by your division director prior to the player being allowed to return to the ice. For full details on the “Clearance to Play” policies, please refer to Section 13.7 of the rep polices.
APPEAL OF A PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Given the number of players trying out for CMHA rep teams each year, we recognize that there is a possibility that a player or players could potentially be improperly evaluated and released prematurely. CMHA has developed a formal appeal process for players who feel they were improperly evaluated.
- Appeal must be made in writing, using the online appeal form (link below), and within 48 hours of a release being made.
- For the appeal to be heard, the appeal must also be accompanied by a $50 refundable appeal fee, which must also be received within 48 hours.
- The appeal from can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
- The appeal fee is payable via etransfer, to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Password: hockey. Include a note re: the player's name and that the payment is an appeal fee.
- Once both the appeal form and payment have been received, the Rep Evaluation Committee (REC) for the applicable division will be notified to review the appeal. All appeals will be reviewed within 3 days of receipt of each appeal.
- Any appeals received after 48 hours will not be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the member to contact the VP of Admin by email: email@example.com if they have not received a response to the appeal within 48 hour deadline.
- For full details for the entire Appeal process, please go to Section 13.5 of Rep policies which can be found on the CMHA web site under About Us/Policies/Rep polices tab.
DIVISION SKATE ASSIGNMENTS AND SCHEDULES
Click on the following links to go to your Division evaluations pages. As schedules are updated and skates are assigned, these pages will be updated.