CMHA is offering Checking Clinics, which are mandatory for first year U15 or U18 aged players that have not previously played full contact hockey. Players who did not get a lot of experience with full contact last year due to the Covid season are also highly recommended to attend.
On ice instruction will be provided by Craig and his team
Please review our full Return to Hockey Protocol
- Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required for all Adult Participants when in close proximity to the children (such as in dressing rooms).
- All amenities within the dressing rooms are available for use.Minor Sports have an unlimited capacity for participants/coaches/team personnel.
- Indoor Spectators have a maximum of fifty (50) spectators or 50% capacity of the spectator seating, whichever is greater. The user group will be responsible for managing the capacity of the spectators for their bookings.
- Cloverdale Arena – 125 Spectators
- Surrey Sport and Leisure Complex: Arena 1 – 50 Spectators Arena 2 – 50 Spectators Arena 3 – 125 Spectators
- Indoor sports are no longer required to physical distance while in the field of play (surfaces, player benches).
- Spitting or water bottle fights will NOT be tolerated. Anyone seen or found spitting on the surface, player benches or anywhere in the facility will be asked to leave the building. Evidence of spitting or water fights will be considered a breach in the Arena Re-Opening Guidelines.
- After the ice/dry floor booking, participants will have twenty (20) minutes after the end of their booking to vacate the dressing rooms.
- Participants, coaches, team personnel, scorekeepers, officials, and spectators entering the facility are asked to do a self-assessment prior to visiting and continue to stay home if sick.
Goalies do not have to participate
The following three skates times will be available in advance of the rep tryouts;
Registration for these sessions will be limited to 30 participants
Please register for only one ice time. If there open spots available after the close of the registration. members will be contacted to register for additional sessions.
Registration window will be limited to ensure maximum participation, and to arrange for the appropriate number of on ice personnel.
You must register to attend, walk in players may not be allowed to participate.
To register for a Checking Clinic please click on the following link
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Player Development